Free Postage Available on this product
Curragh Carron Oil is a cold pressed Linseed (also known as flaxseed) based product that is unique when compared to similar comparable products as it also has the inclusion of a powerful acid buffer. Curragh Carron Oil is exceptionally well balanced in terms of its Omega 3 and Omega 6 essential fatty acids. Correct Omega ratios are vital for equine health.
Research has shown that disproportionately high levels of Omega 6 can have inflammatory effects, where as healthy levels of Omega 3 can have anti inflammatory effects. Both however, are vital to include in the horses diet for overall health.
- Curragh Carron Oil fed daily can:
- Improve coat and skin condition
- assist with digestive processing
- reduce the risk of compaction by lubricating the digestive tract
- provide a source of low-GI energy. Sources of low-GI energy are not common in horse feeds, but are vital for horses with insulin resistance, laminitis as well as those with a tendency to get 'hot' off more simple forms of energy.
- Can reduce inflammatory processes through balancing of Omega 3 and 6 9 essential fatty acids, which cannot be produced by the horse.
All Horses: Feed 60ml per day
Ponies and Foals: Feed 30 ml per day
Macro- Inclusions: Linseed oil, Calcium hydroxide, Magnesium sulphate heptahydrate
Linolenic (Omega 3) 233.28 g/ltr
Linoleic (Omega 6) 69.12 g/ltr
Palmitic 21.17 g/ltr
Stearic 15.55 g/ltr
Oleic (Omega 9) 90.72 g/ltr